Saturday, April 28, 2012

YOLO?

Alive. Living.

I'm young, I've got my whole life ahead of me right? Maybe. Maybe not. I may live to be 93 or I might not even reach 18... I really would like to though. And whilst this is a terribly morbid thought, it's a sobering reality that cannot be ignored despite great efforts.
I've always believed in'living for today' {two cents worth of advice from a 17 year old incoming} but I've only recently come to understand what it truly means. It isn't this YOLO (YouOnlyLiveOnce) crap that everyone loves these days, encouraging complete selfishness not to mention stupidity. No, what I know it to be is this: I might die tomorrow, will I have left something worthwhile behind or will I slowly fade into oblivion as time progresses?
No-brainer, really.

{And yes, this could very well be another late-night-deep-thoughted posts but death has been a cruel reality that myself and many of my friends have had to deal with in this past year so I've had time to think.}

Are you adding value to the world? You can hashtag YOLO as much as you like, but I'd rather spend a short life bettering others' than a long one trying to please myself.

"Just saying."

No comments:

Post a Comment