Monday, July 18, 2011

Fin(e)land

So, on the 29th of June, my family and I headed off to a land where reindeer and blue-eyed blondes are found in abundance. Let me hear you say "Yay Finland!" (and Estonia, but that's coming later.)
I was anticipating an adventure, but nothing could have prepared me for what was in store.
Through activities like a bicycle tour across the Finnish Archipelego - mass of islands -, being harassed by drunk unemployed natives wanting to sit in our seats and simply chatting to locals we REALLY got to know the country.

*Side note - I cycled over 150km in 4 days. You have permission to be impressed.

We visited many a place, including Turku, one of the two culture capitals of Europe. I only mention this because tragically, we left the day a massive rock festival was beginning. SOB. I have yet to recover from such disappointment.

Here are some pics that hopefully do justice to what I experienced:)












No comments:

Post a Comment